- What's New
- Keyboard Systems
- Monitor Arms
- Air Purifiers
- Height-Adjustable Tables
- CPU Holders
- Foot Rests
- Laptop Holders
- Cable Management
- Computer Accessories
- Ergo Consulting
- ViewPoint Technology Wall Stations
- TouchPoint Mobile Technology Carts
A Decade of Freedom
Explore the history and impact of the groundbreaking Freedom chair in its first 10 years.
Download the PDF
IN THE NEWS
AS SEEN IN
A long trip is no excuse for emailing in bed. Test-drive every chair in your hotel room and stay seated in the one that best supports your lower back.
The Saddle and Pony Saddle seats, part of Humanscale’s award-winning Freedom seating line, are the most comfortable and versatile stools ever made. The original Saddle and the more compact Pony Saddle accommodate comfortable seating in countless applications. These stools encourage you to sit in a saddle posture, which lowers the thighs, opens up the hips and puts the spine into a healthy lordotic curve. The stools are ideal for shorter term sitting—or even for getting your feet up off the ground by using it as an ottoman.
“The Aeron, Leap, and Embody chairs are all topnotch, but the Freedom chair has definitely blazed new ground by combining ergonomic comforts with exceptional user-friendliness.”Read all reviews
An industrial design legend, Niels Diffrient has been called “the granddaddy of the ergonomic revolution.”
Read the bio
Sustainability is the natural outcome of simple, elegant design.
Find out why
- Provides seat height range that accommodates 95% of the population
- Carefully sculpted to match body contours
- Increased contact area reduces pressure points
- Modular for easy replacement
- 2.5” double-wheel casters for carpeted floors
- Tall cylinder
- High cylinder
- High cylinder with foot ring
- Extra-high cylinder with 18" foot ring
- Extra-high cylinder with 21" foot ring
- Chrome finish
- 2.5” soft double-wheel casters for hard floors
- Non-rolling glides for fixed-location use
- 2.5” locking casters
- CAL 133-approved
- Fireproof barrier between textile and foam
- Fire-retardant plastics
(floor to compressed front center of seat cushion)
|17.5"– 22.75" standard
20.25"– 28.5" high cylinder
23" – 33" extra-high cylinder
|m||Foot Ring Diameter||18" or 21"|
|n||Foot Ring Height Adjustment (from floor)||6" - 11"|
Scope of Users
- Both Saddle seats fit more than 95% of the office population
- 5’0” Woman to 6'4' Man
- 100 to 300 lbs.
Saddle: 10.6 lbs.
Pony Saddle: 10.5 lbs.
We work hard to ensure that our environmental philosophy is reflected in each product we create. With our Design for Environment protocol, our designers and engineers examine the environmental impact of every choice made throughout the design process—from initial concept through final production. We invite you to read more.
A selection of sustainability highlights for Saddle/Pony Saddle:
- Recycled Content
- Freedom Saddle: 35% post-consumer, 49% pre-consumer
- Freedom Pony: 40% post-consumer, 50% pre-consumer
- Modular cushion for easy replacement
- Learn more about how we work to extend the life of our products through both design and engineering so they won’t need to be replaced often
- Designed for easy disassembly with clear recycling instructions
- Ships in packaging that contains recycled content or blanket-wrapped, when feasible
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality and GREENGUARD Gold certified
- ANSI/BIFMA level® 2 certified
- Close the Loop program ensures that every product ends its useful life with a minimal environmental impact